What are Fog Lights Used For
Our drivers often use fog lights as and when they want. Do you know what are fog lights good for? Now it is noticed less often, but fifteen years ago, powerful “fog lights”, and from four or more, could be seen even on the roof of the cabin. Although the rules clearly and clearly stated that the fog lights on the vehicle should be used by the driver only “in the dark” or in the “poor visibility of the road. Moreover, the use of fog lights should take place at the same time as the dipped or high beam of the car. Sometimes “fog lights” are used instead of dipped beam. These exceptional cases are stipulated in certain paragraphs of the Rules of the Road. In other words, fog lights are used in special cases. That is when the road is foggy, smoky, or dusty, and also when it is snowing, raining, hailing. And today we will talk about what are fog lights used for.
Of course, fog lights exist for a reason. In difficult weather conditions and poor visibility, it is an indispensable device. Because such headlights have an internal parabolic reflector and diffuser of a special design, expanding the beam of light and issuing as a result of horizontal glow. This light is a wide beam of light directed down to the road, and as if cut off at the top. With the available power consumption, such a headlight can provide maximum illumination without blinding oncoming drivers. What is the best color for fog lights? The color of the beam can be white or yellow.
The Rules for Using Fog Lights State the Following:
- If the road visibility is less than 100 meters when the high beam is on, turn on both the high beam and the “fog lights”.
- If the fog is not very thick and the visibility is more than 100 meters, turn on the “fog lights” and the dipped beam.
- During daylight hours and in normal visibility, as already mentioned, fog lights can be used instead of the dipped beam, well, when maneuvering on the mountain and, in general, twisty roads without them no way.
- The generally accepted place of installation of fog lights is below the level of conventional headlights. After all, the fog near the ground has a lower density than at human eye level, and the road, therefore, will be easier to light.
Rear Fog Lights
Rear fog lights, if they are designed into the vehicle, must not be removed. What are rear fog lights for? Rear fog lights are designed to more correctly indicate the vehicle in low visibility conditions. As a rule, these headlights are designed for the installation of standard incandescent bulbs special brightness is not required. Just as there are no clear regulations regarding the connection scheme when installing on your own, it is better to use a separate relay of the rear fog lights.
Peculiarities of Using the Car’s Lights
When can the Best Fog Lights for Dodge Ram 1500 be turned on?
- It is up to the driver to decide whether or not to turn on the exterior lights. It is expected that the motorist can consider the visibility features and assess the risk of driving without turning on the headlights and lights;
- During daylight hours, the inclusion of exterior lighting equipment is often used to indicate certain vehicles. In this regard, the traffic code allows you to replace dipped beams with fog lights, located in the lower part of the car and having a wide luminous flux. Fog lights illuminate the main part and the edge of the roadway. At the same time the brightness of the light flux is less than that of the main headlights, so it creates a comfortable environment for motorists;
- It is obligatory to install a pair of fog lights on the car. Otherwise, in the dark, the driver of the oncoming car can mistake the car for a motorcycle, resulting in an increased risk of accidents;
- Regular car headlights cannot be used as fog lights;
- In fog, it is impossible to correctly assess the situation on the road. For this reason, you should turn on the fog lights and reduce your speed.
Therefore, under all circumstances contributing to low light levels, it is assumed that the lighting equipment must be switched on in order to continue to drive safely. At the same time, unnecessarily bright light must not be allowed, as otherwise oncoming drivers are blinded and the risk of an accident still arises.